Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Jam! Romeo + Juliette - SHINee

I swear, I won't keep doing just SHINee songs for My Jam!, but I got inspired to blog today, and it happened to be for this song. :D It's truly one of my favorite songs ever, so take a minute to listen to this pretty pretty song.


I've already talked about how much I love Minho's rap in the beginning of this song, and I'm about to talk even more about it. You know, I wonder how long it took to record this part. I'm concerned for the person who had to blow record Minho rapping so low and sexily. They must have died of pure joy spontaneously from hearing it live, because I know something in my body wants to explode every time I listen to it, and it's just a recording. The song is somber and sad, and his voice fits it so perfectly. I can't stand it. I ignore Key in this song. Hahaha, of course not. But Minho sure knows how to get me side tracked. I just have to think of how he could get his voice so low and lustful and I get distracted for the rest of the song. No lie.

I know most people like to talk about Taemin's part right after Minho's in the beginning, and I'm going to also because Taemin's cute high voice after Minho's insane low rap returns me back to reality. But then Onew comes in with his singing part and I'm in heaven again. And you know? This is one of the few songs that I actually like the way Jonghyun sings in this song. Yeah I know, I should like it all the time, but it seriously fits. He has a strong, soulful voice that is just perfect.

Photobucket
I see dem legs, Key. :]

The chorus to this song is essentially pure perfect love, yes? I like it because I know it by heart and can actually sing along with it. But each one of the singers in it brings so much unf to the chorus! It's like they are all sad because of this Juliette chick, but they're all doing each other to make them sound like pure sex! Ahhhh I get it now. They don't have the girl, so they get pleasure from each other and ba da bing ba da boom - beautiful pretty Romeo + Juliette comes to existence.

And as if Minho's first rap wasn't enough, they make him speed rap again. And he keeps saying 'Oh my girl oh my girl' over and over again. I mean. Yeah, you know what I'm about to say. And then Key comes in and raps in my favorite rough voice of his and I'm dead.

That's it. End of song. I can't make it through the whole thing because I'm dead at that point. In heaven. Listening to Minho say 'Oh my girl' over and over again in my head.

But then I do hear Key's begging yell at 2:55 and I come back a little, only to get knocked out by Jonghyun actually pwning the shit out of the bridge, with Key, Onew and Taemin all prettily backing up Jonghyun's powerful voice.

And then Minho's rap for a THIRD time. Yeah. THIRD. With Jonghyun's sex yell all over the place, and Taemin's begging-for-breath (yeah, you know that's why he's singing so softly) cute voice.

Then Onew saying I love you?

/endlife

No comments:

Post a Comment