Monday, December 6, 2010

I Dig: K-Rap!

No, my friends. Not krap *eh hem* crap. Korean Rap, of course! I love love love the sound of Korean rapped, at least in K-Pop songs. I listen to a decent amount of American Rap, but Korean rap PWNS the eff out of it. Korean sounds so much better run together than English, it's smoother and so much more dynamic, so here is a post on my three favorite Korean rappers *cough*shineeownsmenow*cough*

3. SHINee's Minho

Photobucket
Show of hands of who wants to be the mic?

I can't help it. Minho's rap at the very beginning of Romeo and Juliette is so deep and perfect. His voice is so rich and I can barely say he's rapping since it sounds so beautiful to me. He's getting so low, I wanna get low with him! Ok, bad joke. There are other songs that Minho sounds like he's whispering low in your ear, saying words quickly so you are forced to lean in so you can hear him. Yes. Minho's voice is deep. That's all I can say.

2. SHINee's Key
OH MY GOSH I'M SO BIASED/endthought

Photobucket
So much want...

One of these days I'm going to have a gigantor post about how biased I am about Key. I fricking love him. I want to marry his cheekbones. I want to love his jawbone forever. And to imagine that that face that is prettier than mine can rap hardcore? Yeah. It's so wrong. Anyways, I got distracted. Case 1 for Key's rapping? Get It. Yup. I still effing love that song. Pure sex. Feel free to scroll back and read my thoughts on that song if you wish. I wrote a novel on it. And in Shout Out, I can barely pay attention to Onew's constant groaning (/endlie) with Key friking owning. He's rapping about Picasso. I want a man that raps about Picasso. That's how much I love Key's rapping. It's not rich like Minho, but it's hard and to the point. Yes, Key bb that's how I like it.

1. Big Bang's G-Dragon

Photobucket
Call him King K-Rap

G G G G BABY BABY!!!

I, too, went through the G-Dragon obsession phase, which illuminated to me how incredibly talented G-Dragon is. He's a true artist, and his songs are beautiful and rough when they need to be. The Leaders was my JAM for a few weeks in the early summer, and I still effing love it. GD knows how to rap, and he does it insanely well. He changes his voice to fit the song. And it's clear in his collaboration with TOP. GD&TOP is the best thing in the world, heaven, and the universe. I don't know what the heck GD is even talking about in Knock Out, I just know that it's too incredible. He's a chameleon and perfect. He is the K-RAP KING.

No comments:

Post a Comment